Sushant Singh Rajput (34 Years) was an Indian television and film actor. He was born in Patna, Bihar on 21 January 1986. He had enrolled himself at Delhi Technological University for pursuing a Bachelors’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. However, he dropped engineering college to make a career as an actor.
He made his television debut with the show ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil’ (2008), followed by the lead role in the show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ (2009). Sushant participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhhalak Dikhla Jaa’ (2011) with then-girlfriend Ankita Lokhande.
He made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Kai Po Che!’ (2013), which was adapted from Chetan Bhagat’s novel, The 3 Mistakes of My Life, and launched himself to soaring heights in the film industry. This was followed by the romantic comedy ‘Shuddh Desi Romance’ (2013), the comedy-fantasy ‘PK’ (2014), the action thriller ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy’ (2015), the biographical sports drama ‘M.S.Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), the romantic drama ‘Raabta’ (2017), the romantic disaster ‘Kedarnath’ (2018) with Sara Ali Khan, the historical drama ‘Sonchiriya’ (2019), the comedy-drama ‘Chhichhore’ (2019), and the action-thriller ‘Drive’ (2019).
Sushant died by suicide at his home in Bandra, Mumbai on 14 June 2020 at the age of 34. His last film ‘Dil Bechara’ (2020), due to the COVID-19 pandemic released digitally on the Disney + Hotstar streaming service on 24 July 2020.
|Sushant Singh Rajput Intro|
|Full Name||Sushant Singh Rajput|
|Name Meaning||Sushant means “ god, quite ” in English|
|Birth Date||21 January 1986|
|Age (at death)||34 Years|
|Date & Place of Death||14 June 2020, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Cause of Death||Suicide by hanging|
|Birthplace||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Residence||Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies /Personal Interests||Gazing Stars, Reading the Works of Great Philosophers, Learning about the Latest Scientific Advancements|
|School||St. Karen’s High School, Patna |
Kulachi Hansraj Model School, Delhi
|College/University||Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi|
|Highest Qualification||12th Standard (Senior Secondary)|
|Height||183 cm or 1.83 m or 6 feet|
|Weight||70 Kgs (154 Pounds)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Natural Black|
|Family & Relationships|
|Father||Krishna Kumar Singh ( Profession: A retired employee of BISCOMAUN Patna)|
|Mother||Late Usha Singh|
|Affairs & Girlfriends|
|Debut||TV Show, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil (2008)|
|Profession||TV & Film Actor|
|Music Videos||Paas Aao (2017)|
|Ad Shoots (Brands Endorsed)|
|Net Worth||$ 8 Million (Approximately)|
|Social Media Profiles|
The Slapping fuss (2013)
In the year 2013, a controversial rumor surfaced that Ankita Lokhande the then-girlfriend of Sushant Singh Rajput Slapped him.
Breakup with Ankita Lokhande (2016)
In the year 2016, the couple ended their 6-year-old relationship but never mentioned the reason behind the split. While some reports claim that the relationship ended because Sushant was achieving success in Bollywood, a source close to the couple revealed that Ankita’s past experiences made her very insecure and feared that things won’t work out between them.
Sushant Singh Rajput got trolled by Twitterati (2017)
In the year 2017, when Shahid Kapoor was awarded the Best Actor Award at IIFA, Sushant tweeted: “@iifa hahaha”. His tweet caused an uproar on social media and was heavily trolled.
Harassment Allegations (2018)
In 2018, there were reports that Sushant had made his Dil Bechara co-star Sanjana Sanghi uncomfortable, with his over-friendliness and flirtatious banter. Later on, Sanjana took to Twitter and dismissed the ‘baseless and unfounded stories’ that were roaming over the internet. She also tweeted regarding this matter and said that “No such incident happened with me, let’s end this conjectures.”
Death of Sushant Singh Rajput (2020)
Sushant was found dead, body hanging from the ceiling fan at his home in Bandra, Mumbai. The official post-mortem report concluded that he died of asphyxia due to hanging from the ceiling. The Mumbai police launched an investigation to know the cause of death.
On 25th July, Sushant’s father, filed an FIR at Patna, against Rhea Chakraborty and six others, including her family members, for abetment of suicide. He also accused them of wrongful restraint and confinement, theft, criminal breach of trust, and cheating.
On 6th August, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), taking over the case.
Later on 26th August, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), filed an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik Chakraborty, and three others.
On 5 October, ANI reported that AIIMS medical board had submitted its report to CBI confirming that Sushant died by suicide and ruling out the murder angle.
On 15th October, the CBI said “ it continues to investigate the death of Sushant. There are certain speculative reports in the media that CBI has reached a conclusion but not officially revealed. It may be reiterated that these reports are speculative and inaccurate”.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s Lesser Known Facts
- Sushant belonged to a Kshatriya Rajput family of Bihar, he had removed his surname “Rajput” in 2017 amid the growing protest against Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Film “Padmavat” by the Karni Sena.
- He was very close to his mother. However, her mother died in 2002 when the actor was just 16 years old.
- He was ranked 7th in the DTU Entrance Exam in 2003.
- Before enrolled in Delhi Technological University, Sushant had cleared more than 11 engineering entrance exams and had also won the National Olympiad in Physics.
- He had bought his first bike, a modified Honda CBR, with the savings from giving tuitions to engineering students.
- During his engineering graduation, he developed an interest in dance after watching Shiamak Davar’s dance show.
- He dropped out in the third year of the four-year engineering course, to follow his passion for dance and acting.
- In 2005, Sushant moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting career. Afterward, he joined Nadira Babbar’s theatre group, Ekjute, and did many plays for the group for two and a half years.
- At the 2005 Filmfare Awards, he performed alongside Aishwarya Rai.
- In the same year, Sushant danced in a song standing behind Abhishek Bachchan in the film, Bunty Aur Babli.
- He first came into the limelight by doing a TV commercial for Nestle Munch.
- In 2011, Sushant had planned to go abroad to study filmmaking, and he quit Pavitra Rishta.
- Before stepping into acting, Sushant had learned martial arts from Allan Amin, danced with Ashley Loba’s troupe, and assisted Mohit Suri in the film “Raaz 2”.
- He was a passionate animal lover and had a pet dog named Fudge.
- To watch the ring of Saturns, he had bought Meade 14LX600, one of the most expensive and advanced telescopes in the world.
- Sushant became the first Indian to buy a piece of land on the Moon.
- His curiosity in outer space led him to NASA where he completed a certified instructor’s course to get selected for the 2024 space mission.
- Sushant had his own website, selfmusing.com, where he loved to post his own quotes.
No, he was not married but he was dating actress Rhea Chakraborty.
Sushant and Ankita were in a relationship for around six years before the breakup in 2016.
Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020 at her Bandra house through hanging onto ceiling fan.