India won the toss and opted to ball first. Get the highlights of India vs New Zealand 1st T20. Starting from the players.
Team India players were -:
Rohit sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh karthik, MS dhoni, Hardik Pandya, krunal Pandya, Bhuvaneshwar kumar, Yuzvendra chahal, Khaleel ahmed.
Team New Zealand were-:
Colin Munro, Tim Seifert, Kane Williamson, Daryl Mitcheel, Ross Taylor, Clin De grandhome, Mitchell Santner, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie ferguson .
Second match of double header day. After the women’s match where Indian women team lost by 23 runs .
Quick highlights of the India vs New Zealand 1st T20
NEW Zealand comes for batting [India vs New Zealand 1st T20]
- Indian fielder on the ground. New Zealand opener start well.
- Munro and Tim start attacking the Indian bowler from very first over and scored 86 run in 8 over.
- The first break through comes in 9th over when Colin Munro was caught in order to increase run rate.
- Williamson comes to bat, now Tim started attacking and scored a quick 84 run on 43 ball got out to khaleel.
- Daryl mitcheel comes on strike with Williamson and start scoring quickly.
- On last ball of 15th over Dinesh kartik pulls a stunner catch and dismiss Daryl mitcheel.
- After 15 over new Zealand was 164/3 .
- Taylor comes to bat and plays a good cameo which helps new Zealand to cross 200. However, in last 5 overs Indian bowler bowled very well and restricted them to 220 runs.
- In last few over in-fielders did extra effort which helped Indian bowlers.
Its going to be tough for India to chase such a big target. India needs 220 runs to win with strike rate of 11 run per over.
India comes for batting [India vs New Zealand 1st T20]
- Rohit and Dhawan comes to ground as the openers of the match.
- Dhawan start taking charge and hit score of 18 runs in 2 over but India lost early wicket in form Rohit Sharma departs on 1.
- Vijay Shankar on number 3.
- Dhawan and vijay start building partnership and score 50 run in 5 over.
- In 6th over, Dhawan departs on 29 runs.
- Rishabh pant comes on strike.
- Vijay and Pant bats was slow. Thus making India to come under extreme pressure as run rate started increasing.
- Pant got out in order to increase run rate , after 2 ball vijay depart.
- India after 10 over 74/4, needs another 148 run within 10 overs with 14.8 run per over.
- Dhoni and Kartik comes on strike. But Kartik got out in search of big shot.
- Then, Hardik pandya comes on strike, but unluckily got out on 4th ball of the over. In this over 2 wicket were in the pocket of Sodhi .
- India on back-foot , Kunal pandya and Dhoni on crease all depend on these two, but run rate was climbing like a rocket.
- Kunal start hitting some big shot but game is completely in new Zealand’s control.
- India need 97 off 22 balls . At last pandya got out making India completely out of the game.
- In next over Dhoni departs. I think its tough for India to bat complete 20 over.
- Chahal and Khaleelo strike 83 runs in 6 ball , chahal is out.
Tough day for both the teams : Men’s and Women’s
India lost the game by 80 runs, its been a tough day for India lost both the match men’s as well as women’s. New Zealand outplay India in all department. India’s biggest defeat (by runs) in T20 international.
Never seen India batting collapsing like this from last few years. India definitely misses Virat Kohli. As, Kohli gives stability as well as confidence. Some one has to lead the team to last and full fill the void created by the Kohli. Rohit has to perform well. Biggest disappointment was Hardik and Rishabh .
MAN OF THE MATCH – TIM SEIFERT
Positives for team India –
However Fielding of team India got improved. We have also seen Dhawan back in form and Vijay also showed his form.
Negative for team India
In our view, the reason of failure was that they were not able to take early wicket. Seamer also failed to strike, and they also misses Kuldeep yadav. Pant and Vijay Shankar failed to mark his presence in team.
CHANGES CAN BE SEEN IN NEXT T20
- Kuldeep yadav in place of krunal pandya
- Mohammad siraj in place of khaleel
- Kedhar jadav in place of Vijay Shankar
To win next match Indian bowler should strike in early over and put New Zealand on back-foot. Use of bowler is not done in proper manner.
For In depth highlights : Click here
Stay tuned for more updates.