Last Updated on
After India lost the first T20 match on 6th February 2019 by 80 runs. Here are some of the highlights of India vs New Zealand 2nd T20 match which was played on 8th February 2019 in Eden Park, Auckland at 11:30 pm (IST), 6:00 pm (local time).
Starting of the INDIA VS NEW ZEALAND match
The match started with toss winning of New Zealand against India and then, they opted to bat first.
New Zealand have no changes from last match as they want to continue with same winning team.
India done no changes which may look like a little bit of a controversial decision , I think they are trying to use maximum option before world cup because it is last overseas tour of india before world cup.
Players in Team India -:
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Khaleel Ahmed.
Read about all team India players: Click here
Players in New Zealand Team -:
Colin Munro, Tim Seifert , Kane Williamson, Daryl Mitcheel, Ross Taylor , Clin De grandhome, Mitchell Santner, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson .
Read about all team New Zealand players: Click here
Second match of double header day from Auckland. After the women match which Indian women team loss by 4 wicket in a tight finish match.
India bowler has to do some thing different from previous match because ground is to small. They have to strike early, all were depending on Bhuvaneshwar Kumar’s bowling as he was the most experienced bowler on tour.
Batting of New Zealand players
- When New Zealand batsman were on the ground, Indian bowler started attacking. Swing balls were helping them too.
- It was swinging and windy wicket. Bhuvaneshwar strikes early in his 2nd over Tim (man of the match of last match ).
- Now it all depends on Williamson to take New Zealand to big score.
- However, Indian bowler’s were not leaking any run in power-play which was making New Zealand to come under pressure.
- Krunal pandya strikes New Zealand’s 2 players down, Pandya strikes again. New Zealand were on 60/4 after 10 overs.
- Krunal Pandya proves his selection in team and shows his presence for world cup team.
- Taylor and De grandhome were on crease ans it all depends on both of them.
- De grandhome takes charge of Indian spinner and start attacking Chahal and Krunal. New Zealand 97/4 after 12 over.
- Taylor and grandhome playing steadily and building a strong partnership. The score was 121 in 15 overs.
- Grandhome scores his maiden fifty in 27 balls and immediately goes out. Thus, New Zealand’s hope for big total shatters.
- India was back in charge.
- Its been a see saw, for starting over India dominates but for mid-over New Zealand dominates now see who dominates.
- India bowls tight during depth over and limit them to 158. All Credit goes to the Khaleel and Bhuvi bowl well in depth over.
India need 159 to win and stay in contender ship to win series. Rohit and Dhawan were openers on ground. Will Rohit be most run scorer in T20 international?
The Batting of team India
- Rohit and Dhawan starts well and started attacking from 1st over.
- As we all know Rohit is 3rd batsmen to score 100 sixes in T20 International after Gayle and guptill (103).
- However, Rohit and Dhawan both started hitting hard.
- India scored 33/0 after 4 over.
- Rohit breaks another record of most boundary in a T20 international. After 50 after 6 over. Rohit breaks another record of most runs in a T20 international.
- It’s a record break day never seen so many record broken in single day.
- Rohit Sharma number one T20 international batsmen in world , in term of runs, fours and sixes.
- After 8 overs India was having a score of 66/0 .
- Rohit and Dhawan seeing ball like a football. New Zealand bowler having no clue whats going on .
- 50 up for Rohit most fifty in T20 number 20 for the Rohit breaking record of Virat Kohli. Rohit and Dhawan put up a partnership of 79 Rohit dismiss on the score of 50, but India in a very good position to in the match . After 10 overs India was on 83 /1.
- Dhawan departs on 30 . Rishabh Pant on crease now it is time for Rishabh to show his presence in team.
- Pant and Vijay Shankar hitting bowlers hard and making the score look easy .
- Shankar out on quick 15, and then the entry of legendary MS Dhoni on ground. After 15 overs India was on 129/3. And they need only 30 run to win on 30 balls and However, Rishabh Pant was also playing well.
- India wins the match in style, Rishabh Pant hit four on last bowl and India win the match.
Quick review of the Match
It’s been a mixed day for India one win one lost. The men’s team makes a happy finish by making day finish well. India won the match by 7 wickets, it’s been a tough day for New Zealand. They lost both the matches men’s as well as women’s.
India outplayed New Zealand in all department. Rohit Sharma takes on responsibility and lead from the top. Rishabh Pant quick 40 on 28 balls makes it easier to chase the score.
Positions for this match are as follows:
MAN OF THE MATCH -: KRUNAL PANDYA
POSITIVE FROM MATCH -: Opens gives a decent starting, Bowler strikes early, bowls well in depth, Rishabh Pant plays a quick knock.
NEGATIVE FROM MATCH -: Bowling fails in mid over, Fielder’s struggle.
Stay tuned for the highlights of the next match (10th February 2019)